Mass resignation by central excise, service tax superintendents on April 30
New Delhi: All Central Excise and Service Tax superintendents will submit their resignations on April 30 over their demand for no promotions, lower salary and lack of working conditions.
They have been presenting their case to the concerned authorities regularly for more than two decades, but without response.
They have already observed satyagraha programmes for many years like fasting, Anshan, dharnas, Shantigoshthis, Gandhigiri, lunch hour protests, bearing black badges, boycott of Excise day etc, but the concerned authorities have always had a deaf year to their demands.
Before submitting their resignations on April 30, they will observe a protest week from February 25 to March 1 by wearing black badges.
A demonstration would be held on March 1, while there will be a total boycott of the Excise Day function on February 24 throughout the country.
They will also observe only “work to rule” in relation of budget related as well as revenue collection work and will perform only the official duties to achieve the revenue targets without taking any extra personal measures in the last half of the current financial year too.
The superintendents have submitted the following charter of demands:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video