Massive fund raising campaign in West by separatist Sikh organisations
New Delhi: An extensive fund raising campaign is being undertaken by secessionist Sikh groups in Europe and North America at the instance of Pakistan`s ISI to revive terrorism in Punjab.
Sources in security agencies have informed about movement of banned Babbar Khalsa International and Khalistan Commando Force terror groups in Western countries with the aim to radicalise Sikh youth by showing them doctored footage of Operation Bluestar and other propaganda materials.
The attack on Lt Gen (retd) KS Brar who led Operation Blue Star and disruption of Indian Independence Day celebrations in London this year too were the results of such activities of anti-India elements, the sources said.
They said overground workers of these terror groups were targeting Sikh youths born and brought up in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Belgium.
Besides BKI and KCF, radical groups like Dal Khalsa and International Sikh Youth Federation were also working to radicalise the youth and made their members, they alleged.
The sources said in the name of fighting the cause of Khalistan, funds are being raised from Sikhs settled there and the next generation youths are being lured into the ideology of the extremist groups.
The most worrying part is whenever any anti-India meeting or protest demonstration is organised like the anniversary of Operation Bluestar on June 6, there have been significant presence of Pakistani origin people who actively participate and share thoughts of Khalistan ideology.
Besides, there are more than 50 social networking groups and over 20 websites which propagate independent Khalistan and openly encouraging revival of the movement.
"These are disturbing developments. We want foreign governments to curb these anti-India elements.
"But unfortunately, due to the liberal policies of these countries, no significant step has been taken so far against these groups," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what