Massive turnout at candle march to support detained Editors
New Delhi: A massive crowd gathered at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar on Thursday in support of Editors Sudhir Chaudhary and Samir Ahluwalia. The candle march had been called by the family of the editors to protest against their detention.
Sudhir Chaudhary’s wife Niti Mohan and Samir Ahluwalia’s wife Roasie Ahluwalia led the candle march in the national capital. Apart from families and friends of both the editors, journalists turned up in large numbers at the venue to lend their support.
Roasie said, “We only want to say that the two editors who have been arrested wrongly and who are in jail from November 27 should be released immediately. When they are cooperating with the police in every possible manner then there is no logic in keeping them inside for so many days.”
“We have gathered here to seek everyone’s support. This arrest is totally wrong. Sudhir was cooperating with the police in every possible manner. We only want that they should be released immediately,” added Niti.
Everyone who had congregated for the demonstration had only one appeal – that the jailed editors should be freed as soon as possible.
The families of Sudhir and Samir wanted the entire country to know of the difficult times that they were going through. The humungous support received for the Editors was much appreciated by the families and left them very emotional.
Samir Ahluwalia’s mother said, “I request everyone to support us so that both of them can be released. They have done no wrong. Justice should prevail.”
The demonstration that drew support from various quarters was held in a peaceful manner. People who had gathered at Jantar Mantar were hopeful that the voice of Niti Mohan and Roasie Ahluwalia would be heard soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug