Mastering new techniques, managing change are challenges: Joshi
Hyderabad: Noting that Indian armed forces are modernising and transforming rapidly, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi on Saturday said officers should be equipped to meet the challenges on their job.
"You have joined at a time when our armed forces are modernising and transforming rapidly. Mastering new technologies and managing change are challenges that you must meet with full vigour," he said.
"In combat, if you compare yourself with the enemy, aircraft versus aircraft, weapon versus weapon, the differences may not be too many. What will decide the outcome is your skill on the control, your proficiency in tactics, your courage and the fire and above all your leadership," he said.
He was addressing the newly commissioned officers after reviewing the Combined Graduation Parade at the Air Force Academy at Dundigal on the outskirts of the city.
He impressed upon the young officers to develop qualities of leadership, integrity, management acumen among others to excel in the service of the nation.
The Chief of Naval Staff awarded the President`s commission to the Flight Cadets. A total of 221 Flight Cadets, including 31 women Flight Cadets, passed out of Air Force Academy and joined the main stream of the IAF in their respective branches.
Flying Officer Ankit Goel, who commanded the Parade, was awarded the President`s Plaque and Chief of Air Staff `Sword of Honour` for standing first in overall order of merit in Pilot course.
There was a traditional fly past by Hawk, Dornier and Kiran aircraft. An exhilarating low level aerobatic display by SU-30 aircraft received a thunderous applause from the audience. A dare devil display by Akashganga paratroopers also left the audience spell-bound.
Talking to reporters, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh AOC-in-C Training Command, said PC-7 aircraft would soon be used for training.
He also said a plan has been put forward to increase the number of trainees in the academy from about 500 to 750 in view of the shortage of officers in IAF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling