Mastering new techniques, managing change are challenges: Joshi
Hyderabad: Noting that Indian armed forces are modernising and transforming rapidly, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi on Saturday said officers should be equipped to meet the challenges on their job.
"You have joined at a time when our armed forces are modernising and transforming rapidly. Mastering new technologies and managing change are challenges that you must meet with full vigour," he said.
"In combat, if you compare yourself with the enemy, aircraft versus aircraft, weapon versus weapon, the differences may not be too many. What will decide the outcome is your skill on the control, your proficiency in tactics, your courage and the fire and above all your leadership," he said.
He was addressing the newly commissioned officers after reviewing the Combined Graduation Parade at the Air Force Academy at Dundigal on the outskirts of the city.
He impressed upon the young officers to develop qualities of leadership, integrity, management acumen among others to excel in the service of the nation.
The Chief of Naval Staff awarded the President`s commission to the Flight Cadets. A total of 221 Flight Cadets, including 31 women Flight Cadets, passed out of Air Force Academy and joined the main stream of the IAF in their respective branches.
Flying Officer Ankit Goel, who commanded the Parade, was awarded the President`s Plaque and Chief of Air Staff `Sword of Honour` for standing first in overall order of merit in Pilot course.
There was a traditional fly past by Hawk, Dornier and Kiran aircraft. An exhilarating low level aerobatic display by SU-30 aircraft received a thunderous applause from the audience. A dare devil display by Akashganga paratroopers also left the audience spell-bound.
Talking to reporters, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh AOC-in-C Training Command, said PC-7 aircraft would soon be used for training.
He also said a plan has been put forward to increase the number of trainees in the academy from about 500 to 750 in view of the shortage of officers in IAF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!