Maths prodigy claims breaking of Dominic`s world record
Hyderabad: Nischal Narayanam, a mathematics
prodigy from the city, on Sunday memorised 132 numbers in a minute
and claimed to have broken the world record set by Dominic B
of Indonesia in the category of `Most Numbers memorised in a
Nischal, displayed his skills in front of Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, Chief Election Officer I V Subba
Rao, Additional DGP (Law & Order) A K Khan and retired AP High
Court Judge Justice P Ramakrishnam Raju, who acted as judges.
The previous record was set up by Dominic B of Indonesia
who memorised 76 numbers, Nischal`s brother Nikhil said
"We will send the video footage of Nischal`s performance
along with the reports of all the judges to the Guinness World
Records office in London for confirming his feat as the new
world record," Nikhil said.
After the performance, Nischal said, "I would like to
dedicate this achievement to late Chief Minister Y S
The 13-year Nischal has several records to his credit in
the area of mathematics and memory, including a Guinness
record. He was one among the four selected by the National
Geographic Channel for its `My Brilliant Brain` series, which
explored the different aspects of human brain and genius.
He earlier broke the world record in the category of
`most random objects memorised` by remembering the names of
225 objects. Previous to him the record was held by Squadron
Leader Jayasimha, a city-based mind power trainer, who was
also the coach of Nischal, his brother added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'