Maths prodigy claims breaking of Dominic`s world record
Hyderabad: Nischal Narayanam, a mathematics
prodigy from the city, on Sunday memorised 132 numbers in a minute
and claimed to have broken the world record set by Dominic B
of Indonesia in the category of `Most Numbers memorised in a
Nischal, displayed his skills in front of Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, Chief Election Officer I V Subba
Rao, Additional DGP (Law & Order) A K Khan and retired AP High
Court Judge Justice P Ramakrishnam Raju, who acted as judges.
The previous record was set up by Dominic B of Indonesia
who memorised 76 numbers, Nischal`s brother Nikhil said
"We will send the video footage of Nischal`s performance
along with the reports of all the judges to the Guinness World
Records office in London for confirming his feat as the new
world record," Nikhil said.
After the performance, Nischal said, "I would like to
dedicate this achievement to late Chief Minister Y S
The 13-year Nischal has several records to his credit in
the area of mathematics and memory, including a Guinness
record. He was one among the four selected by the National
Geographic Channel for its `My Brilliant Brain` series, which
explored the different aspects of human brain and genius.
He earlier broke the world record in the category of
`most random objects memorised` by remembering the names of
225 objects. Previous to him the record was held by Squadron
Leader Jayasimha, a city-based mind power trainer, who was
also the coach of Nischal, his brother added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow