Maulana Nadvi elected president of AIMPLB for 5th term
Bhopal: Maulana Syed Raabe Hasani Nadvi was elected unopposed as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) for the fifth consecutive term.
Nadvi and other office bearers were elected during the three-day 23rd annual general meeting of AIMPLB which began in Ujjain yesterday, board sources said here on Sunday.
Nadvi was first elected for this coveted post in 2002 in Hyderabad.
Other founder members who got elected were Maulana Abul Qasim and Habib Bandvi, both from Uttar Pradesh and P Rafique Ahmad from Tamil Nadu.
Besides, six members were also elected, namely, Prof Halim Khan, Indore; Prof Mateen Qadri, Hyderabad; Zaheer Qazi, Maharashtra; Maulana Sayeedur Rahman Azmi, Lucknow; Peerzada Shaikh, Andhra Pradesh; and Hafiz Mohammad Taqui, Ujjain.
Senior Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh Arif Masood was elected unopposed for the post of Board`s executive member for the first time while Wafa Siddiqui, Maulana Shamsuddin Afridi, Peer Sayeed Mian and Maulana Masih Alam (also from MP) were elected as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside