Maulana Nadvi elected president of AIMPLB for 5th term
Bhopal: Maulana Syed Raabe Hasani Nadvi was elected unopposed as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) for the fifth consecutive term.
Nadvi and other office bearers were elected during the three-day 23rd annual general meeting of AIMPLB which began in Ujjain yesterday, board sources said here on Sunday.
Nadvi was first elected for this coveted post in 2002 in Hyderabad.
Other founder members who got elected were Maulana Abul Qasim and Habib Bandvi, both from Uttar Pradesh and P Rafique Ahmad from Tamil Nadu.
Besides, six members were also elected, namely, Prof Halim Khan, Indore; Prof Mateen Qadri, Hyderabad; Zaheer Qazi, Maharashtra; Maulana Sayeedur Rahman Azmi, Lucknow; Peerzada Shaikh, Andhra Pradesh; and Hafiz Mohammad Taqui, Ujjain.
Senior Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh Arif Masood was elected unopposed for the post of Board`s executive member for the first time while Wafa Siddiqui, Maulana Shamsuddin Afridi, Peer Sayeed Mian and Maulana Masih Alam (also from MP) were elected as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery