Maulana Nadvi elected president of AIMPLB for 5th term
Bhopal: Maulana Syed Raabe Hasani Nadvi was elected unopposed as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) for the fifth consecutive term.
Nadvi and other office bearers were elected during the three-day 23rd annual general meeting of AIMPLB which began in Ujjain yesterday, board sources said here on Sunday.
Nadvi was first elected for this coveted post in 2002 in Hyderabad.
Other founder members who got elected were Maulana Abul Qasim and Habib Bandvi, both from Uttar Pradesh and P Rafique Ahmad from Tamil Nadu.
Besides, six members were also elected, namely, Prof Halim Khan, Indore; Prof Mateen Qadri, Hyderabad; Zaheer Qazi, Maharashtra; Maulana Sayeedur Rahman Azmi, Lucknow; Peerzada Shaikh, Andhra Pradesh; and Hafiz Mohammad Taqui, Ujjain.
Senior Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh Arif Masood was elected unopposed for the post of Board`s executive member for the first time while Wafa Siddiqui, Maulana Shamsuddin Afridi, Peer Sayeed Mian and Maulana Masih Alam (also from MP) were elected as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH