Maulana Nadvi elected president of AIMPLB for 5th term
Bhopal: Maulana Syed Raabe Hasani Nadvi was elected unopposed as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) for the fifth consecutive term.
Nadvi and other office bearers were elected during the three-day 23rd annual general meeting of AIMPLB which began in Ujjain yesterday, board sources said here on Sunday.
Nadvi was first elected for this coveted post in 2002 in Hyderabad.
Other founder members who got elected were Maulana Abul Qasim and Habib Bandvi, both from Uttar Pradesh and P Rafique Ahmad from Tamil Nadu.
Besides, six members were also elected, namely, Prof Halim Khan, Indore; Prof Mateen Qadri, Hyderabad; Zaheer Qazi, Maharashtra; Maulana Sayeedur Rahman Azmi, Lucknow; Peerzada Shaikh, Andhra Pradesh; and Hafiz Mohammad Taqui, Ujjain.
Senior Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh Arif Masood was elected unopposed for the post of Board`s executive member for the first time while Wafa Siddiqui, Maulana Shamsuddin Afridi, Peer Sayeed Mian and Maulana Masih Alam (also from MP) were elected as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!