Maya blames Centre, state for Bodh Gaya blasts
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday alleged the recent serial blasts at Bodh Gaya were the result of non-serious approach on part of both the Centre and the state government.
"It is the responsibility of both the Centre and the state government to protect lives of the people and their religion.
"But, I am sad to say they do not seem to be serious towards their responsibility due to which the attacks took place at Bodh Gaya," Mayawati, who will visit the scene of serial blasts on Monday, told reporters.
She accused Opposition parties of indulging in dirty politics over the issue for their vested interests.
"They are playing dirty politics on the issue. This is not in the national interest," the BSP chief said.
Talking about the recent Chinese intrusion into Ladakh, Mayawati said the Centre should take the matter seriously as it might have long-term ramifications.
On Telangana, the BSP boss said while carving out new states, the Union government should also keep in mind the reorganisation of Uttar Pradesh.
The Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly had passed a resolution for splitting the state into four smaller states when Mayawati was the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?