Maya`s promises mere election stunts: Rajnath
Deoria(UP): Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Monday said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
recent statements favouring reservation for the poor among
the upper castes and Muslims were mere "election stunts".
"She has been in power for the past four years and took
no concrete steps in this regard but now ahead of the Assembly
election, she is writing letters to the Prime Minister
demanding quotas for different sections of society just to
gain electoral advantage," he told reporters here.
"If Mayawati is really serious in providing reservation
to different sections, she should tell us how these castes
will be adjusted and whose quota will be decreased to
accommodate them," Singh, here in connection with his Jan
Swabhiman Yatra, said.
Her recent statements advocating reservation for the
poor among the upper castes and Muslims were only "election
stunts", the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said.
Alleging that Mayawati had come to power in the 2007
election by making false promises, Singh said "she is again
out to woo people with promises which she has no intention of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account