Maya`s promises mere election stunts: Rajnath
Deoria(UP): Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Monday said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
recent statements favouring reservation for the poor among
the upper castes and Muslims were mere "election stunts".
"She has been in power for the past four years and took
no concrete steps in this regard but now ahead of the Assembly
election, she is writing letters to the Prime Minister
demanding quotas for different sections of society just to
gain electoral advantage," he told reporters here.
"If Mayawati is really serious in providing reservation
to different sections, she should tell us how these castes
will be adjusted and whose quota will be decreased to
accommodate them," Singh, here in connection with his Jan
Swabhiman Yatra, said.
Her recent statements advocating reservation for the
poor among the upper castes and Muslims were only "election
stunts", the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said.
Alleging that Mayawati had come to power in the 2007
election by making false promises, Singh said "she is again
out to woo people with promises which she has no intention of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata