Mayawati blames Centre, Bihar govt for Bodh Gaya blasts
Bodh Gaya: BSP president Mayawati on Monday strongly condemned serial bomb blasts in Bodh Gaya and blamed the Centre and Bihar government for the explosions.
Mayawati had come to Bodh Gaya and visited the world famous Buddhist shrine that was shattered by serial bomb blasts recently leaving two monks injured.
"Lord Buddha gave message of peace and brotherhood to the entire world from here. Terror attack in Maha Bodhi temple is a condemnable act," she told reporters after a visit to the temple.
The BSP supremo said that if her party government comes in power at the Centre, the Mahabodhi Temple Management Committee (BTMC) which looks after administration of the temple, would be made more strong and financial assistance would be provided to it.
Bodh Gaya temple, about 10 km from Gaya town and 100 km from Patna, was rocked by serial bomb explosions on July 7.
Two Buddhist monks, one from Tibet and another from Myanmar, were wounded in the blasts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know