Mayawati fears for her life, writes to PM
New Delhi: Claiming that her life is under threat, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding enhanced security.
Although details about the contents of the letter are yet to emerge, Wednesday, but reports said that former Uttar Pradesh chief minister is very concerned about her security and wants the government to increase her security cover. She said that her security has been drastically reduced by the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government which has adversely affected her movement.
Mayawati already enjoys Z-Plus security.
Ever since she lost power in Lucknow, Mayawati had been claiming threat to her life. However, ruling Samajwadi party had dismissed her fears and asserted that she has been provided ‘adequate’ security.
"In our (SP) regime, there is no threat to anyone. She (Mayawati) is afraid as she was involved in a number of scams", senior party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav.
“If anything happens to me, the Centre and the state government should be held accountable for it," Mayawati had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet