Mayawati maintains suspense on voting on FDI issue in RS
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday kept up the suspense on her party`s stand on voting on the FDI in retail issue in Rajya Sabha, saying it will be declared on the floor of the House.
"The House was not running smoothly earlier. It is functioning today and it is Private Member`s Bill today. Whenever it will be taken up in the House, we will make our party`s stand clear on the floor of the House," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
To repeated queries on the issue, she merely said, "When the discussion will take place we will make our stand known."
On Samajwadi Party`s opposition to the SC/ST Promotion Bill, she said, "Quota for promotion of SC/ST employees in service is not a new one.”
"This has been the practice since the Constitution came into force in the country. There were some problems in between and there were also amendments in Parliament. The current amendments are in continuation of this. So, it is not a new one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video