Mayawati maintains suspense on voting on FDI issue in RS
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday kept up the suspense on her party`s stand on voting on the FDI in retail issue in Rajya Sabha, saying it will be declared on the floor of the House.
"The House was not running smoothly earlier. It is functioning today and it is Private Member`s Bill today. Whenever it will be taken up in the House, we will make our party`s stand clear on the floor of the House," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
To repeated queries on the issue, she merely said, "When the discussion will take place we will make our stand known."
On Samajwadi Party`s opposition to the SC/ST Promotion Bill, she said, "Quota for promotion of SC/ST employees in service is not a new one.”
"This has been the practice since the Constitution came into force in the country. There were some problems in between and there were also amendments in Parliament. The current amendments are in continuation of this. So, it is not a new one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read