Mayawati maintains suspense on voting on FDI issue in RS
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday kept up the suspense on her party`s stand on voting on the FDI in retail issue in Rajya Sabha, saying it will be declared on the floor of the House.
"The House was not running smoothly earlier. It is functioning today and it is Private Member`s Bill today. Whenever it will be taken up in the House, we will make our party`s stand clear on the floor of the House," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
To repeated queries on the issue, she merely said, "When the discussion will take place we will make our stand known."
On Samajwadi Party`s opposition to the SC/ST Promotion Bill, she said, "Quota for promotion of SC/ST employees in service is not a new one.”
"This has been the practice since the Constitution came into force in the country. There were some problems in between and there were also amendments in Parliament. The current amendments are in continuation of this. So, it is not a new one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen