Mayawati maintains suspense on voting on FDI issue in RS
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday kept up the suspense on her party`s stand on voting on the FDI in retail issue in Rajya Sabha, saying it will be declared on the floor of the House.
"The House was not running smoothly earlier. It is functioning today and it is Private Member`s Bill today. Whenever it will be taken up in the House, we will make our party`s stand clear on the floor of the House," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
To repeated queries on the issue, she merely said, "When the discussion will take place we will make our stand known."
On Samajwadi Party`s opposition to the SC/ST Promotion Bill, she said, "Quota for promotion of SC/ST employees in service is not a new one.”
"This has been the practice since the Constitution came into force in the country. There were some problems in between and there were also amendments in Parliament. The current amendments are in continuation of this. So, it is not a new one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi