Mayawati slams CBI action against Stalin
New Delhi: BSP Chief Mayawati on Thursday slammed the government over CBI searches at DMK leader MK Stalin`s residence, claiming that she too has been a victim of "misuse" of the CBI by both BJP and Congress to further their political interests.
"I have been a victim of the misuse of CBI. Be it BJP or Congress, both have misused CBI," she told reporters here.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said such "misuse" is not good for a healthy democracy and "we condemn it".
She said soon after parting ways with BJP, the NDA government used the agency to target her.
She said despite Centre`s efforts to target her, she got reprieve from the Supreme Court.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati are facing cases of disproportionate assets which were investigated by CBI.
The CBI this morning carried out searches at 19 places across Tamil Nadu, including the residence of Stalin in Chennai, in a case of alleged tax evasion for imported cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees