Mayawati slams CBI action against Stalin
New Delhi: BSP Chief Mayawati on Thursday slammed the government over CBI searches at DMK leader M K Stalin`s residence, claiming that she too has been a victim of "misuse" of CBI by both BJP and Congress to further their political interests.
"I have been a victim of the misuse of CBI. Be it BJP or Congress, both have misused CBI," she told reporters here.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said such "misuse" is not good for a healthy democracy and "we condemn it".
She said soon after parting ways with BJP, the NDA government used the agency to target her.
She said despite Centre`s efforts to target her, she got reprieve from the Supreme Court.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati are facing cases of disproportionate assets which were investigated by CBI.
CBI this morning carried out searches at 19 places across Tamil Nadu, including the residence of Stalin in Chennai in a case of alleged tax evasion for imported cars.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?