Mayawati slams CBI action against Stalin
New Delhi: BSP Chief Mayawati on Thursday slammed the government over CBI searches at DMK leader M K Stalin`s residence, claiming that she too has been a victim of "misuse" of CBI by both BJP and Congress to further their political interests.
"I have been a victim of the misuse of CBI. Be it BJP or Congress, both have misused CBI," she told reporters here.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said such "misuse" is not good for a healthy democracy and "we condemn it".
She said soon after parting ways with BJP, the NDA government used the agency to target her.
She said despite Centre`s efforts to target her, she got reprieve from the Supreme Court.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati are facing cases of disproportionate assets which were investigated by CBI.
CBI this morning carried out searches at 19 places across Tamil Nadu, including the residence of Stalin in Chennai in a case of alleged tax evasion for imported cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department