MBA student arrested for sending anti-Modi MMS
Bangalore: An MBA student has been arrested here for allegedly sending anti-Modi MMS.
Sayed Waqas (24), was picked up along with four students at Vasantnagar area here after the local cyber police found they have been circulating an anti-Modi MMS.
The four were released after being questioned, but Waqas was arrested under the IT Act, police said, but did not confirm when he was held.
Waqas, pursuing his MBA in a college at Bhatkal in Uttara Kannada district, was in the city for an internship. He was staying with the other students in a rented accommodation at Vasantnagar after police at Belgaum traced the mobile number to his residence.
The complaint was filed with Belgaum police by RTI activist Jayant Tinaikar, who said he had received the message on May 16, police said.
The incident comes a few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'