MBA student arrested for sending anti-Modi MMS
Bangalore: An MBA student has been arrested here for allegedly sending anti-Modi MMS.
Sayed Waqas (24), was picked up along with four students at Vasantnagar area here after the local cyber police found they have been circulating an anti-Modi MMS.
The four were released after being questioned, but Waqas was arrested under the IT Act, police said, but did not confirm when he was held.
Waqas, pursuing his MBA in a college at Bhatkal in Uttara Kannada district, was in the city for an internship. He was staying with the other students in a rented accommodation at Vasantnagar after police at Belgaum traced the mobile number to his residence.
The complaint was filed with Belgaum police by RTI activist Jayant Tinaikar, who said he had received the message on May 16, police said.
The incident comes a few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly