MCA plans social media initiatives to create more awareness
New Delhi: To reach out and create more awareness among the general public, the Corporate Affairs Ministry plans to unleash online initiatives by tapping Twitter, Facebook and other avenues.
The proposal also comes against the backdrop of rising incidents of common man getting duped by fraudulent schemes and preparations underway for the implementation of the much-touted new Companies Bill.
Sources said the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is actively discussing ways to tap social media, including Twitter and Facebook, besides other online platforms to reach out to the general public.
The idea is to have more interactions with the general public and the stakeholders to create awareness about corporate governance and various aspects about regulations, sources said.
The proposal is still under discussions and a final decision is yet to be taken.
Apart from tapping Twitter and Facebook, various other online initiatives including short duration videos on You Tube are being considered.
"The videos would be about specific topics to provide more clarity about them," sources said.
Earlier this month, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot interacted with various people on `Google Hangout` -- a multi-person online video chat facility. The discussions focused on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities as proposed in the new companies bill.
Among others, the new bill requires companies to spend on social welfare activities, empowers investors against any frauds committed by promoters and and seeks to bring in greater transparency in corporate governance matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'