MCD polls: I accept people’s verdict, says PM
New Delhi: Putting up a brave face after BJP`s clean sweep of the Delhi Municipal elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that he humbly accepted the people`s verdict.
"These are local elections, local issues, people who work for the people. These are the qualities that count. In every election, there are winners and losers and one has to accept it with good grace," Manmohan Singh told reporters.
On a philosphical note the PM said that win and loss were a part of elections and life.
Against the backdrop of states` opposition to the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and proposed amendments to the BSF Act, PM while trying to improve the Centre-state relations said, “consensus-building is the only way forward in a country as diverse and complex as ours. Centre and states have to work together. We are not on different sides. We are on the same side.”
PM further said, terrorism and extremism are vices which Centre and state have to combat together.
It is much too presumptuous, the PM said, on whether NATO strategy has failed in Afghanistan in the wake of latest attacks in Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH