MCD polls: I accept people’s verdict, says PM
New Delhi: Putting up a brave face after BJP`s clean sweep of the Delhi Municipal elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that he humbly accepted the people`s verdict.
"These are local elections, local issues, people who work for the people. These are the qualities that count. In every election, there are winners and losers and one has to accept it with good grace," Manmohan Singh told reporters.
On a philosphical note the PM said that win and loss were a part of elections and life.
Against the backdrop of states` opposition to the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and proposed amendments to the BSF Act, PM while trying to improve the Centre-state relations said, “consensus-building is the only way forward in a country as diverse and complex as ours. Centre and states have to work together. We are not on different sides. We are on the same side.”
PM further said, terrorism and extremism are vices which Centre and state have to combat together.
It is much too presumptuous, the PM said, on whether NATO strategy has failed in Afghanistan in the wake of latest attacks in Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users