MCD polls: I accept people’s verdict, says PM
New Delhi: Putting up a brave face after BJP`s clean sweep of the Delhi Municipal elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that he humbly accepted the people`s verdict.
"These are local elections, local issues, people who work for the people. These are the qualities that count. In every election, there are winners and losers and one has to accept it with good grace," Manmohan Singh told reporters.
On a philosphical note the PM said that win and loss were a part of elections and life.
Against the backdrop of states` opposition to the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and proposed amendments to the BSF Act, PM while trying to improve the Centre-state relations said, “consensus-building is the only way forward in a country as diverse and complex as ours. Centre and states have to work together. We are not on different sides. We are on the same side.”
PM further said, terrorism and extremism are vices which Centre and state have to combat together.
It is much too presumptuous, the PM said, on whether NATO strategy has failed in Afghanistan in the wake of latest attacks in Kabul.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today