MCD polls: I accept people’s verdict, says PM
New Delhi: Putting up a brave face after BJP`s clean sweep of the Delhi Municipal elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that he humbly accepted the people`s verdict.
"These are local elections, local issues, people who work for the people. These are the qualities that count. In every election, there are winners and losers and one has to accept it with good grace," Manmohan Singh told reporters.
On a philosphical note the PM said that win and loss were a part of elections and life.
Against the backdrop of states` opposition to the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) and proposed amendments to the BSF Act, PM while trying to improve the Centre-state relations said, “consensus-building is the only way forward in a country as diverse and complex as ours. Centre and states have to work together. We are not on different sides. We are on the same side.”
PM further said, terrorism and extremism are vices which Centre and state have to combat together.
It is much too presumptuous, the PM said, on whether NATO strategy has failed in Afghanistan in the wake of latest attacks in Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself