MEA dealt with the Chinese incursion issue very adeptly: Congress
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs handled the Chinese incursion issue "very adeptly" resulting to the end of the three-week long face off between Indian and Chinese troops in Ladakh, Congress said on Monday.
"The Foreign Ministry dealt with the situation very adeptly and situation is back to normal," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters, a day after the end of the face-off.
Her statement came close on the heels of the Indian government`s statement that there was no "deal" with China, which also confirmed that the "stand-off incident" has been resolved.
Beijing, however, did not mention whether the status quo in the sector, as it existed prior to April 15, will be restored or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM