MEA dealt with the Chinese incursion issue very adeptly: Congress
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs handled the Chinese incursion issue "very adeptly" resulting to the end of the three-week long face off between Indian and Chinese troops in Ladakh, Congress said on Monday.
"The Foreign Ministry dealt with the situation very adeptly and situation is back to normal," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters, a day after the end of the face-off.
Her statement came close on the heels of the Indian government`s statement that there was no "deal" with China, which also confirmed that the "stand-off incident" has been resolved.
Beijing, however, did not mention whether the status quo in the sector, as it existed prior to April 15, will be restored or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on