MEA dealt with the Chinese incursion issue very adeptly: Congress
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs handled the Chinese incursion issue "very adeptly" resulting to the end of the three-week long face off between Indian and Chinese troops in Ladakh, Congress said on Monday.
"The Foreign Ministry dealt with the situation very adeptly and situation is back to normal," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters, a day after the end of the face-off.
Her statement came close on the heels of the Indian government`s statement that there was no "deal" with China, which also confirmed that the "stand-off incident" has been resolved.
Beijing, however, did not mention whether the status quo in the sector, as it existed prior to April 15, will be restored or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical