MEA explains Krishna`s gaffe at the UN
New Delhi: Explaining the gaffe of
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna at the United Nations,
his Ministry on Saturday said the initial parts of all formal
addresses there contain similar references and that he made
substantive remarks from his prepared text.
"The initial parts of all formal addresses contain
salutation and courteous references. While addressing the UNSC
yesterday, the Minister used such expressions from the address
of the previous speaker before moving to his prepared text for
substantive remarks," the official spokesperson said.
"The Minister went on to make a well-received
statement where he highlighted the relevance of the Indian
success story to international efforts to meet the challenges
of development, peace and security," the statement said.
Krishna was caught in a public gaffe when he
inadvertently read out the speech of the Portuguese Minister
at a UN Security Council meeting here but rectified the error
after an Indian official drew his attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next