MEA not in favour of transferring Haj to Minority Affairs Ministry
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs is not in favour of transferring the subject of Haj, which currently comes under it, to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Gen V K Singh, in a a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, said that suggestions have been received for transferring the subject of Haj to the Minority Affairs Ministry.
He said, the MEA is not in favour of any such transfer.
Meanwhile, the Minister also denied that any suggestions or request have been received by his Ministry for shifting the headquarter of the Haj Committee of India from Mumbai to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!