MEA not in favour of transferring Haj to Minority Affairs Ministry
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs is not in favour of transferring the subject of Haj, which currently comes under it, to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Gen V K Singh, in a a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, said that suggestions have been received for transferring the subject of Haj to the Minority Affairs Ministry.
He said, the MEA is not in favour of any such transfer.
Meanwhile, the Minister also denied that any suggestions or request have been received by his Ministry for shifting the headquarter of the Haj Committee of India from Mumbai to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores