MEA not in favour of transferring Haj to Minority Affairs Ministry
New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs is not in favour of transferring the subject of Haj, which currently comes under it, to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for External Affairs Gen V K Singh, in a a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, said that suggestions have been received for transferring the subject of Haj to the Minority Affairs Ministry.
He said, the MEA is not in favour of any such transfer.
Meanwhile, the Minister also denied that any suggestions or request have been received by his Ministry for shifting the headquarter of the Haj Committee of India from Mumbai to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state