MEA official to study progress of Nathula trade
Gangtok: An official of the Ministry of
External Affairs is here to study the progress of the Nathula
border trade, official sources said today.
Under Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs
(MEA) China Desk Gitika Srivastav is here to study the
progress of the border trade between Indian and China through
Nathula, the sources said.
Srivastav is here to take stock of the progress of the
border trade, interact with officials, traders and the
administration and report back to the MEA to enable it to
take decision about the future course of action.
While exports have been steadily flowing out from Sikkim
into Tibet, there have been virtually no official imports.
Import figures for this fifth season stands at zero. This was
also brought to the notice of the Under Secretary, sources
Sources said Srivastav was told of the long pending
demand of the traders for revision of the list of items of
trade, especially the items allowed for import which were
obsolete and due to which there was no import for the past two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security