Mecca Masjid blast: CBI announces Rs 10 L reward
New Delhi: CBI today announced a cash
reward of Rs 10 lakh for providing information on each of the
two accused, Sandeep Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra, in the
Mecca Masjid Blast in Hyderabad in 2007.
"The Central Bureau of Investigation has announced a cash
reward of Rs 10 lakh to any person providing information
leading to the arrest of each of the two absconding accused,"
CBI spokesperson Harsh Bhal said.
Both Dange alias Parmanand and Kalsangra alias Ramji
alias Vishnu Patel are residents of Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
After registering the case on June 9, 2007, CBI took over
the custody of two persons -- Devender Gupta and Lokesh
Sharma, who are also accused in Ajmer Dargah blast case.
"Both these accused were earlier arrested by ATS
Rajasthan in the said blast case," Bhal said adding that the
names of Dange and Kalsangra figured during their
Gupta is in CBI custody till June 30, 2010 while Sharma
is in judicial custody.
The Mecca Masjid blast on May 18, 2007 had claimed nine
lives, whereas five people were killed in subsequent police
firing on protesters near the mosque.
"The name of the informant shall be kept secret," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested