Mecca Masjid blast suspect Kaleem gets bail in another case
Hyderabad: Abdul Kaleem, a suspect in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, was on Tuesday granted bail by a court here in a case of aiding a prisoner.
Kaleem was picked up by police when his name cropped up during investigation of the Mecca Masjid case. However, he was let off later.
He was arrested on January 25 last year by Kushaiguda Police, under Cyberabad Commissionerate, on charges of supplying cell phones to some of his friends in Chanchalguda jail and booked under section 448 (punishment for trespass),
130 (aiding escape of, rescuing or harbouring such prisoner), police said.
He was sent to judicial custody and since then was lodged in Chanchalguda jail.
The additional district magistrate today granted him bail in the case.
After his arrest in connection with the blast, Swami Aseemanand said that right-wing groups that were behind the Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad in May 2007 and also the Ajmer, Malegaon and Samjhauta blasts.
According to Aseemanand, it was his introduction to Kaleem that provoked both reflection and regret.
"We (Aseemamand and Kaleem) used to sit together and talk. I told him that in the same case, for which you are here, I have spent one and a half years in jail and my education was disrupted and life spoilt. I told him all that," Kaleem said after his release.
Nine people were killed during the blast at the historic masjid here on May 18, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP