Mechanism set up to avoid tensions with China: Antony
New Delhi: Government has set up a mechanism for border management to avoid tensions with China pending resolution of the boundary row, Defence Minister AK Antony said here on Monday.
"Everybody knows that border dispute is still unresolved. Inspite of the fact that many rounds of negotiations took place between (Special) Representatives of the two Prime Ministers, the border issue remains unresolved," he said on sidelines of a function on the annual day of Defence Accounts Department (DAD).
"At the same time, pending resolution of the border dispute, to avoid major tensions in the border government has set up mechanism for border management involving Services, MEA and other stake holders," Antony said responding to queries of reporters on the occasion of 50th anniversary of India-China war.
He, however, did not spell out details of the mechanism.
The Special Representatives of the two countries have held 15 rounds of talks so far alternatively in New Delhi and Beijing to address the issue.
Recently, Army Chief General Bikram Singh ruled out a repeat of 1962 war with China when India faced a defeat, assuring the nation that the armed forces are prepared to deal with any eventuality.
"I am assuring the nation that 1962 will not be repeated. That`s the assurance I am giving. We will not let any enemy enter our territory. Plans are afoot on all borders," Gen Singh had said.
To a question over the long pending demand of One Rank One Pension (OROP) by the ex-servicemen community, he said the government is sympathetic to their demands.
"It is an ongoing process. Even after financial crisis, we are taking care of their cases that means we are sympathetic, we know still there are problems. It is an ongoing process," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview