Medha Patkar wants overhauling of Team Anna
New Delhi: Another Team Anna member Medha
Patkar on Friday said there was a need for "overhauling" the group
as it was facing a number of allegations and many members of
the Core Committee were being targeted, but denied any rift
At the same, Patkar said she will not be attending
tomorrow`s Core Committee meeting, which Hazare and Justice
Santosh Hegde have also decided to skip.
"I don`t think there is a difference of opinion. The only
thing is a bit of overhauling is certainly becoming necessary
because there are a number of allegations and Core Committee
members are being targeted," she said.
She said tomorrow`s meeting of the Committee will be in a
better position to take a decision on the overhauling.
Her remarks came as another Team Anna member Kumar Vishwas
shot off a letter to Hazare on the eve of Core Committee
meeting, seeking its expansion to make it more representative
against the backdrop of Congress leaders targeting it.
He said the leaders of the ruling party were targeting
Hazare and each member of the Core Committee and trying to
tarnish their public image and credibility.
Patkar, a prominent member of the Core Committee, said
all its members are with the movement.
"The movement does not mean only Core Committee," she
Asked about Justice Santosh Hegde`s remarks on allegations
faced by Team Anna members that "it`s a nice churning and
`manthan` is going on", Patkar said he was not giving any
opinion against the Committee or the movement.
"He has the right to give his own frank opinion whether
it is with respect to any allegation or otherwise," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’