Media banned from Darul Uloom seminary
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has banned media persons from entering its
premises till February 23 as they felt that their presence was
affecting students` preparations for the upcoming
There has been an increased media presence at the
seminary following the controversy generated by
Vice-Chancellor Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanvi`s remarks on
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Deputy Vice Chancellor
of the Darul Uloom Maulana Abdul Khalique said.
"This step has been taken to avoid the controversy
affecting students busy preparing for their examinations
beginning February 26," he said.
Although classes were taking place peacefully, the
presence of national and international media was disrupting
their preparation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM