Media banned from Darul Uloom seminary
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has banned media persons from entering its
premises till February 23 as they felt that their presence was
affecting students` preparations for the upcoming
There has been an increased media presence at the
seminary following the controversy generated by
Vice-Chancellor Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanvi`s remarks on
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Deputy Vice Chancellor
of the Darul Uloom Maulana Abdul Khalique said.
"This step has been taken to avoid the controversy
affecting students busy preparing for their examinations
beginning February 26," he said.
Although classes were taking place peacefully, the
presence of national and international media was disrupting
their preparation, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged