Media banned from Darul Uloom seminary
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has banned media persons from entering its
premises till February 23 as they felt that their presence was
affecting students` preparations for the upcoming
There has been an increased media presence at the
seminary following the controversy generated by
Vice-Chancellor Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanvi`s remarks on
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Deputy Vice Chancellor
of the Darul Uloom Maulana Abdul Khalique said.
"This step has been taken to avoid the controversy
affecting students busy preparing for their examinations
beginning February 26," he said.
Although classes were taking place peacefully, the
presence of national and international media was disrupting
their preparation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal