Media banned from Darul Uloom seminary
Muzaffarnagar: Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has banned media persons from entering its
premises till February 23 as they felt that their presence was
affecting students` preparations for the upcoming
There has been an increased media presence at the
seminary following the controversy generated by
Vice-Chancellor Maulana Gulam Mohammad Vastanvi`s remarks on
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Deputy Vice Chancellor
of the Darul Uloom Maulana Abdul Khalique said.
"This step has been taken to avoid the controversy
affecting students busy preparing for their examinations
beginning February 26," he said.
Although classes were taking place peacefully, the
presence of national and international media was disrupting
their preparation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred