Media delegation from Pak on a week-long visit
Mumbai: A 14-member media delegation from Pakistan was accorded a warm traditional welcome on their arrival here today for a week-long study trip.
They were welcomed at Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport by members of the Mumbai Press Club in a traditional ritual by offering `arti`, garlands and playing of Tutari (musical instrument of Maharashtra).
The delegation leader and president of Karachi Press Club, Tahir Hasan Khan said, "We are extremely happy to be in India. I am sure this joint endeavour by Karachi and Mumbai Press Clubs would further improve relations between India and Pakistan and also strengthen people-to-people contacts with neighbours".
Welcoming the delegates, Gurbir Singh, president of Press Club, said "The purpose of the visit is to promote a philosophy of understanding and tolerance between the two countries by increasing and improving the quality of media content when reporting on each other`s country and bilateral issues. This is expected to give a boost to the peace process between India and Pakistan."
The delegation represents leading newspapers and channels like `Dawn`, `The News`, `Jang Geo TV`, `ARY News`, `Express TV`, etc and are members of Karachi and Hyderabad Press Clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery