Media delegation from Pak on a week-long visit
Mumbai: A 14-member media delegation from Pakistan was accorded a warm traditional welcome on their arrival here today for a week-long study trip.
They were welcomed at Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport by members of the Mumbai Press Club in a traditional ritual by offering `arti`, garlands and playing of Tutari (musical instrument of Maharashtra).
The delegation leader and president of Karachi Press Club, Tahir Hasan Khan said, "We are extremely happy to be in India. I am sure this joint endeavour by Karachi and Mumbai Press Clubs would further improve relations between India and Pakistan and also strengthen people-to-people contacts with neighbours".
Welcoming the delegates, Gurbir Singh, president of Press Club, said "The purpose of the visit is to promote a philosophy of understanding and tolerance between the two countries by increasing and improving the quality of media content when reporting on each other`s country and bilateral issues. This is expected to give a boost to the peace process between India and Pakistan."
The delegation represents leading newspapers and channels like `Dawn`, `The News`, `Jang Geo TV`, `ARY News`, `Express TV`, etc and are members of Karachi and Hyderabad Press Clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30