Media delegation from Pak on a week-long visit
Mumbai: A 14-member media delegation from Pakistan was accorded a warm traditional welcome on their arrival here today for a week-long study trip.
They were welcomed at Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport by members of the Mumbai Press Club in a traditional ritual by offering `arti`, garlands and playing of Tutari (musical instrument of Maharashtra).
The delegation leader and president of Karachi Press Club, Tahir Hasan Khan said, "We are extremely happy to be in India. I am sure this joint endeavour by Karachi and Mumbai Press Clubs would further improve relations between India and Pakistan and also strengthen people-to-people contacts with neighbours".
Welcoming the delegates, Gurbir Singh, president of Press Club, said "The purpose of the visit is to promote a philosophy of understanding and tolerance between the two countries by increasing and improving the quality of media content when reporting on each other`s country and bilateral issues. This is expected to give a boost to the peace process between India and Pakistan."
The delegation represents leading newspapers and channels like `Dawn`, `The News`, `Jang Geo TV`, `ARY News`, `Express TV`, etc and are members of Karachi and Hyderabad Press Clubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days