`Media freedom result of judicial creativity`
Panaji: Freedom of media is not enshrined in the Indian Constitution and is only a result of "judicial creativity", former chief justice of India JS Verma said here on Saturday.
Verma was speaking at a workshop on human rights at the International Centre here.
Stating that the issue of the freedom of media had gained significance corresponding to the rise of media as the Fourth Estate in India`s democratic set up, Verma said it was culled from Article 19 of the Indian Constitution which guarantees freedom of expression to the nation`s citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player