Media hyping up attacks on Indians: Krishna
Bangalore: External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna on Friday accused the media of hyping up the incidents of
attacks on Indian in Australia.
"Media is trying to hype up this issue", Krishna told
reporters here. "I am in constant touch with Australia".
He said sometimes there were attacks (against Indians in
Australia) the reasons for which "we are not clear".
"Unless there is clarity as to why the attacks, motives
behind the attacks...I do not think it will be proper for
government of India to rush to any comment or any response",
He said Australia`s Foreign Minister Stephen Smith got in
touch with the External Affairs Ministry and (Smith) is going
to be in London when he (Krishna) is also going to be there.
"He (Smith) has sought a meeting with me (in London) and I
have agreed to meet Stephen Smith. Certainly, we will take
(up) these issues (attacks on Indians in Australia) if they
need to be looked at in greater depth", he said.
Two Indians were attacked in separate incidents overnight
in Brisbane in the latest of a series of incidents. A
25-year-old youth was assaulted and robbed while using a phone
box near his home in Macgregor in Brisbane`s south.
In another incident, a taxi driver was attacked early this
morning after an argument broke out with two men in Carindale,
in Brisbane`s southeast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie