Media, Kejriwal jump from issue to issue: Premji
Bangalore: IT czar Azim Premji on Friday took a dig at the media and India Against Corruption leader Arvind Kejriwal saying they "flip" from one issue to another without following through.
"I think the media also, like Kejriwal, flips from topic to topic," the Wipro chairman told reporters here in response to questions.
"What I would strongly request is for the media to have consistency in following through whatever they dig up," he said.
Responding to a query whether issues of crony capitalism raised by civil society activists targeting politicians and corporate houses are a major concern, he said, "Things are no better, things are no worse than they have been in the past two years."
He said the media can contribute a lot towards reformation of the country.
Asked if the government`s image has taken a beating by the recent "expose on Robert Vadra, Salman Khurshid and Gandhi family", Premji said, "I don`t know if government (image) is taking a beating; its image is certainly not getting elevated by this (these allegations)."
He hailed the burst of economic reforms initiatives announced by the government in recent weeks, but said one has to keep one`s fingers crossed vis-a-vis if there are reversals in execution of policies.
"I think the government has taken some very positive initiatives in the past two months," he said, adding, there is a renewed focus on trying to execute them.
Premji also referred to the recent Cabinet reshuffle and said from what he understood, the ministers have been told to "give results" and try to get bureaucrats to take more responsibility and fully support them if there are questioning (in future vis-a-vis any of the decisions).
"I think things are moving in the right direction. Let`s keep our fingers crossed and whether there is consistency in execution and there is no reversal which is significant in terms of policy announcements made so far," he said.
He also hoped that the opposition would be "a little more constructive" during the coming winter session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation