Medical scam: Delhi HC refuses extension of interim bail to Rasheed Masood
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi High Court on Monday refused to extend the interim bail granted to Congress leader Rasheed Masood in medical seat quota scam case.
Rajya Sabha MP Rasheed Masood was convicted in medical admission scam last year. A special CBI court had found Masood guilty of nominating undeserving candidates to MBBS seats.
Latter, he was granted bail by Delhi High Court on medical grounds in December 2013, for three months. He is serving a four-year prison term for corruption and other offences.
Earlier, after Masood`s lawyer said his client was a heart patient and a diabetic, the court had asked the jail superintendent to file the accused`s medical records. "He has to take 15-18 medicines in a day and four insulin injections," the lawyer had claimed in court.
Masood, Minister of Health in the VP Singh government between 1990 and 1991, was held guilty of fraudulently nominating undeserving candidates to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura in medical colleges across the country from the central pool.
Special CBI Judge JPS Malik held Masood guilty of offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act and IPC Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating) and 468 (forgery). He has, however, been acquitted of the charge under Section 471 IPC (using as genuine a forged document).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what