Medical students call off strike at Safdarjung hospital
New Delhi: Medical students at Safdarjung
hospital today called off their three-day-long hunger strike
after the hospital administration assured to look into their
demands at the earliest.
The stir, by the medical students to protest alleged lack
of basic facilities, affected medical services today after
resident doctors joined the agitation, following which the
hospital administration assured to put in place their demands
as early as possible.
"We have called off the strike but our silent protest
will continue. This is because all our demands have not been
met. Looking into the grievances of the general public, we
will no more block the OPDs too," Raj, a medical student who
participated in the strike, said.
He added, "But, we will wear a black batch as a mark of
our silent protest till all our demands are met."
Dr N K Mohanty, Medical Superintendent, Safdarjung
hospital said, "We had a meeting with the medical students and
the resident doctors association. We have assured them that
their demands will be met. We had given them a solution and to
it they have agreed upon".
He said, "Their demand for electricity, air conditioner,
lift, water supply will be met immediately. But they have to
wait for their demand to shift to the new hostel as it has not
been handed over to the hospital administration yet."
Nearly 300 medical students went on strike and the number
swelled to 1,000 when the resident doctors joined them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3