Medical waste must be managed effectively: Khanna
New Delhi: Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna on Saturday stressed the importance of effective management of medical waste to minimise health risk to healthcare workers.
Khanna, in his inaugural address at the annual conference of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management (ISHWM) here, said the efforts would also lead to enhancing safety of the workers.
"Medical waste should be effectively managed. This will not only minimise health risk to healthcare workers but also enhance their safety," Khanna said.
The conference was jointly hosted by ISHWM and Delhi government`s health department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!