Medical waste must be managed effectively: Khanna
New Delhi: Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna on Saturday stressed the importance of effective management of medical waste to minimise health risk to healthcare workers.
Khanna, in his inaugural address at the annual conference of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management (ISHWM) here, said the efforts would also lead to enhancing safety of the workers.
"Medical waste should be effectively managed. This will not only minimise health risk to healthcare workers but also enhance their safety," Khanna said.
The conference was jointly hosted by ISHWM and Delhi government`s health department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said