Medical waste must be managed effectively: Khanna
New Delhi: Delhi’s Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna on Saturday stressed the importance of effective management of medical waste to minimise health risk to healthcare workers.
Khanna, in his inaugural address at the annual conference of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management (ISHWM) here, said the efforts would also lead to enhancing safety of the workers.
"Medical waste should be effectively managed. This will not only minimise health risk to healthcare workers but also enhance their safety," Khanna said.
The conference was jointly hosted by ISHWM and Delhi government`s health department.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team