Medvedev wishes happy New Year to Patil, Singh
Moscow: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
has expressed confidence that the coming year will provide
"new opportunities" for India and Russia to advance their
mutually beneficial projects in the interest of global and
regional security and stability.
In his separate New Year messages to President Pratibha
Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Medvedev underlined
that the exchange of Years of Russia and India in each other`s
country was a "major" event in the bilateral relations.
"I am confident that in the New Year, we will be able to
open new opportunities for advancing various mutually
beneficial projects for the benefit of the peoples of our
countries, in the interest of ensuring global and regional
security and stability," Medvedev wrote to the PM, according
to the Kremlin.
The message to Patil appreciated the development of
relations of the two countries in 2009, in particular,
cooperation in the field of economy, culture and in
"The outcome of your visit to Russia (in the first week
of September) clearly testifies this," Medvedev wrote to her.
In a separate message to Singh, Medvedev highly valued
this month`s bilateral summit in Moscow during the former`s
visit to Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites