Meena criticises BJP for ‘double speak’ on CAG
Agartala: Union Minister of state for Finance Nama Narain Meena on Thursday criticized the BJP for stalling parliament and its "double speak" on CAG.
"They accuse the Congress of blaming the CAG, but forget what they said about the CAG in the past. Arun Shourie had called CAG idiotic on the issue of disinvestment of Centaur Hotel," Meena told reporters here.
"BJP leader Arun Jaitley had said that the"CAG has acted on hearsay and not on facts with reference to the coffin scam. Today when we question the CAG?s calculations, they are criticising us. This is nothing but political expediency," he said.
Instead of demanding the Prime Minister?s resignation, the top BJP leadership should resign for "misleading parliament, media and the country as a whole," Meena said.
He asked "Why hasn’t the CAG audited the period before 2004 when the BJP-led NDA was at the helm of affairs? It was a well known fact that the UPA government has followed the old coal block allocations policy with improvements like the setting up of a screening committee."
"It is the UPA which brought changes in the system of allocations, not the NDA. It was the UPA which opted for competitive bidding, not the NDA. It was the UPA which amended the MMDR Act bringing all states on board and not the NDA", he said.
Meena alleged that BJP stalled parliament as it is aware that the government is in possession of letters written to it by the Chief Ministers of BJP and non-Congress ruled states opposing bidding of the coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in