Meerut: 4 held for ruckus during Team Anna rally
New Delhi: An attempt to attack members of Team Anna was foiled and police arrested 10 people in Meerut on Friday, reports said.
"Information is that our public meetings in Meerut today will be disturbed by some vested interests. Alerting local police," earlier Team Anna member Kiran Bedi had tweeted.
She also tweeted that five miscreants were removed from the meeting before they reached the venue.
A slipper was hurled at Anna Hazare aide Arvind Kejriwal at a function in Lucknow on Tuesday — exactly a week after Prashant Bhushan, another Team Anna member, had been thrashed in his chamber in the Supreme Court for seeking a plebiscite in Kashmir.
On Oct 18 Jitendra Pathak of Jalaun district in Bundelkhand, about 200 km north of Lucknow, attacked Kejriwal when he was about to reach the dais at Jhulelal park near Lucknow University to address a meeting on graft.
Pathak, who was immediately taken into custody, later accused Kejriwal of misleading the people on corruption.
He told the police, "Kejriwal is trying to hijack the Jan Lokpal Bill movement."
Although Pathak claimed that he was not associated with any party, a senior police official, who did not wish to be identified, said he had been a member of the Congress Sewa Dal in Jhansi from 2006 to 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians