Meet to discuss implementation of maternity benefit law
New Delhi: Implementation of law to protect workplace rights of women in the period around child birth and non-inclusion of workers employed in the informal sector are among the issues that will be deliberated on Tuesday.
The meeting has been convened by the Women and Child Development Ministry to review the operationalisation of Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 in all states and Union Minister Krishna Tirath will address the gathering.
Sisram Ola, Minister of Labour and Employment will raise the issue of maternity protection which is an essential pre-requisite for women`s rights and gender equality with regard to their work and profession.
The right to maternity protection is enshrined in the Constitution, along with international instruments such as the International Human Rights Instruments and the International Labour Conventions.
The Maternity Benefit Act regulates the employment of women in certain establishments for certain period before and after child-birth and to provide for maternity benefit and certain their benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?