Meet to issue death certificates for those missing in Uttrakhand
Dehradun: To speed up the process of issuing death certificates to kin of those who went missing in the calamity in Uttarakhand, a meeting of officials of the states concerned will be held in New Delhi early next month.
Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar on Monday said formalities for issuing death certificates to the kin of the missing will be completed at the meeting in accordance with the guidelines issued last month by the country`s Registrar General in this regard.
The meeting to be held in the first week of October and attended by officials representing states whose residents went missing in the tragedy will also deliberate on how to make the process of issuing death certificates simpler and practical, the Chief Secretary said.
Death certificates will help the kin of those missing to transfer property rights and also avail benefits of insurance schemes bought by them and in operating their bank accounts, Kumar said.
He said formalities prior to the process of issuing death certificates to people from Uttarakhand who went missing in the tragedy have reached their last stage and soon camps will be held in different parts of the state to issue the document to eligible people.
The Chief Secretaries of states whose residents went missing in the tragedy have been requested to verify the list of the missing persons from their states expeditiously, he said.
The guidelines issued by India`s Registrar General in this regard have also been dispatched to the states concerned, he said.
Hundreds of people from different states across the country were killed and over 4,000 went missing in the June 16-17 flashfloods in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown