Meet to issue death certificates for those missing in Uttrakhand
Dehradun: To speed up the process of issuing death certificates to kin of those who went missing in the calamity in Uttarakhand, a meeting of officials of the states concerned will be held in New Delhi early next month.
Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar on Monday said formalities for issuing death certificates to the kin of the missing will be completed at the meeting in accordance with the guidelines issued last month by the country`s Registrar General in this regard.
The meeting to be held in the first week of October and attended by officials representing states whose residents went missing in the tragedy will also deliberate on how to make the process of issuing death certificates simpler and practical, the Chief Secretary said.
Death certificates will help the kin of those missing to transfer property rights and also avail benefits of insurance schemes bought by them and in operating their bank accounts, Kumar said.
He said formalities prior to the process of issuing death certificates to people from Uttarakhand who went missing in the tragedy have reached their last stage and soon camps will be held in different parts of the state to issue the document to eligible people.
The Chief Secretaries of states whose residents went missing in the tragedy have been requested to verify the list of the missing persons from their states expeditiously, he said.
The guidelines issued by India`s Registrar General in this regard have also been dispatched to the states concerned, he said.
Hundreds of people from different states across the country were killed and over 4,000 went missing in the June 16-17 flashfloods in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in