Meeting to end deadlock in RS inconclusive
New Delhi: A meeting of leaders of political parties, called by Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari to break the deadlock in the House over coal block allocation issue, on Thursday remained inconclusive.
Ansari, who called the meeting in his chamber after the ruckus in Rajya Sabha for the third day over CAG report on coal block allocation, heard views of the political leaders.
Among those who attended the meeting were Ravishankar Prasad (BJP), Derek O`brien (TMC), Sanjay Raut (Shiv Sena) and D Raja (CPI).
A leader said that the meeting remained inconclusive and Ansari was scheduled to hold another round of consultations with party leaders.
Parliament has witnessed turmoil for the past three days with BJP members demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over CAG`s findings on coal block allocation, which according to the auditor led to "undue benefits" to private parties to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore.
A meeting of leaders of political parties convened by the Speaker Meira Kumar to end the deadlock in Lok Sabha on the CAG report issue was attended, among others, by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Trinamool leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay.
Sources said BJP leaders did not attend the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price