Meira Kumar calls all-party meet to ensure smooth functioning of Parliament
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting here on Wednesday to ensure smooth functioning of the Budget Session of Parliament, which begins on February 21.
The sessions is expected to be tumultuous with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led opposition all set to corner the Congress-led UPA Government on a number of issues, including the AgustaWestland chopper deal.
The Budget Session begins with the address of President Pranab Mukherjee to the joint sitting of Parliament.
The Rail Budget will be presented on February 26 and economic survey will be tabled the next day. Finance Minister P. Chidambaram will present the General Budget on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends