Meira Kumar heads parliamentary team to Mauritius
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will lead a parliamentary delegation on a five-day trip to Mauritius beginning on Sunday where she will hold wide ranging discussions on issues of international and bilateral importance.
During the Mauritius visit, the delegation will meet President Anerood Jugnauth, Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam, Speaker of the national assembly Rajkeswur Purryag and other leaders, said an official statement Saturday.
At the Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Moka, the speaker will inaugurate an exhibition called `Kalpana`.
The delegation includes MPs Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Tiruchi Siva, Rama Devi, Shivanand Tiwary and Mahesh Joshi, and PDT Achary, Lok Sabha Secretary General, and Amitabh Mukhopadhyay, joint secretary in the Lok Sabha secretariat who is the secretary to the delegation, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Uma Bharti admitted to AIIMS, stable
- Microsoft's 'Project Premonition' mosquito trap helps tackle spread of Zika and other diseases
- Parts of Uttar Pradesh receive rain, water level rising in major rivers
- 17% Indian pregnant women suffer from obesity, diabetes
- Mob attacks police post in J&K's Kupwara, 18 policemen injured