Meira Kumar heads parliamentary team to Mauritius
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will lead a parliamentary delegation on a five-day trip to Mauritius beginning on Sunday where she will hold wide ranging discussions on issues of international and bilateral importance.
During the Mauritius visit, the delegation will meet President Anerood Jugnauth, Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam, Speaker of the national assembly Rajkeswur Purryag and other leaders, said an official statement Saturday.
At the Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Moka, the speaker will inaugurate an exhibition called `Kalpana`.
The delegation includes MPs Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Tiruchi Siva, Rama Devi, Shivanand Tiwary and Mahesh Joshi, and PDT Achary, Lok Sabha Secretary General, and Amitabh Mukhopadhyay, joint secretary in the Lok Sabha secretariat who is the secretary to the delegation, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble