Meira Kumar leads delegation to Hungarian National Assembly
New Delhi: An Indian parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar is in Hungary to witness the proceedings of its national assembly, a Lok Sabha Secretariat release here Wednesday.
"The delegation witnessed the proceedings of the (Hungarian) National Assembly where Speaker of the National Assembly Dr. Paul Schmitt welcomed Meira Kumar and her delegation," said the release.
The delegation also held discussions Schmitt.
"During the meeting, they discussed several issues of bilateral and international importance," said the release.
The delegation is in Hungary June 7-10 and then in Luxembourg June 10-13.
This is the first visit of an Indian speaker to Hungary since 1995, said a release issued by the Indian embassy in Budapest.
Other members of the delegation are MPs Naresh Gujral, Ganesh Singh, Mohammed Shafi, N Cheluvaraya Swamy, Helen Davidson, PL Punia and Lok Sabha Secretary General PDT Achary.
India and Hungary have close and friendly relations, which are characterised by regular exchange of visits.
"Our relations are deep rooted and have stood the test of time despite changing geopolitical circumstances. Warm people-to-people relations provide a strong foundation for our overall interaction," said the embassy statement.
"In the recent years, our trade and economic ties have also become stronger," it said, adding that Indian investments in Hungary are estimated to be in the range of $500 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly