Meira Kumar optimistic on resolution of JPC deadlock
Colombo: With budget Session not far away, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Saturday struck an optimistic note on the resolution of the deadlock over the Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) issue that had turned the winter session a washout.
"I am very optimistic. There comes a time in the life of Parliament when things seem turbulent, but our abiding faith in Parliamentary system and democracy always helps us to overcome," she said.
Kumar made the remark at the third Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Asia Regional Conference here after Sri Lankan leader of the opposition Ranil Wickremsinghe referred to the government-opposition stalemate in Indian
Kumar has been invited to attend the six-day Conference as Guest of Honour by the Sri Lanka branch of the Asia region of the CPA.
At the Conference, Kumar will be the Lead Speaker in one of the Plenary Sessions on "Poverty Alleviation". The other two Plenary sessions would be held on "Climate Change and Natural disaster" and "Mother and Child".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report