Meira Kumar optimistic on resolution of JPC deadlock
Colombo: With budget Session not far away, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Saturday struck an optimistic note on the resolution of the deadlock over the Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) issue that had turned the winter session a washout.
"I am very optimistic. There comes a time in the life of Parliament when things seem turbulent, but our abiding faith in Parliamentary system and democracy always helps us to overcome," she said.
Kumar made the remark at the third Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Asia Regional Conference here after Sri Lankan leader of the opposition Ranil Wickremsinghe referred to the government-opposition stalemate in Indian
Kumar has been invited to attend the six-day Conference as Guest of Honour by the Sri Lanka branch of the Asia region of the CPA.
At the Conference, Kumar will be the Lead Speaker in one of the Plenary Sessions on "Poverty Alleviation". The other two Plenary sessions would be held on "Climate Change and Natural disaster" and "Mother and Child".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman