Meira Kumar optimistic on resolution of JPC deadlock
Colombo: With budget Session not far away, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Saturday struck an optimistic note on the resolution of the deadlock over the Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) issue that had turned the winter session a washout.
"I am very optimistic. There comes a time in the life of Parliament when things seem turbulent, but our abiding faith in Parliamentary system and democracy always helps us to overcome," she said.
Kumar made the remark at the third Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Asia Regional Conference here after Sri Lankan leader of the opposition Ranil Wickremsinghe referred to the government-opposition stalemate in Indian
Kumar has been invited to attend the six-day Conference as Guest of Honour by the Sri Lanka branch of the Asia region of the CPA.
At the Conference, Kumar will be the Lead Speaker in one of the Plenary Sessions on "Poverty Alleviation". The other two Plenary sessions would be held on "Climate Change and Natural disaster" and "Mother and Child".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada