Meira Kumar to lead delegation at Inter-Parliamentary Union
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar would lead a delegation of MPs to the Assembly of Inter- Parliamentary Union that will be held in Canada`s Quebec City from October 21 to 26.
Among the members of the delegation are Mani Shankar Aiyar, M Jagannath, Ravi Shankar Prasad, PS Bajwa, Jose K Mani, Dr Mehboob Beg, all members of Parliament, T K Viswanathan, Secretary-General, Lok Sabha and Shumsher K Sheriff, Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
An official statement released here said that the 127th Assembly will hold a special debate on the political, economic and social situation in the world with reference to the overall theme of Citizenship, Identity and Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in a Globalised World.
The Lok Sabha Speaker will deliver the Keynote Address on Best practices and innovative ideas for managing citizenship in a globalised and rapidly changing environment, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?