Meira Kumar to lead delegation at Inter-Parliamentary Union
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar would lead a delegation of MPs to the Assembly of Inter- Parliamentary Union that will be held in Canada`s Quebec City from October 21 to 26.
Among the members of the delegation are Mani Shankar Aiyar, M Jagannath, Ravi Shankar Prasad, PS Bajwa, Jose K Mani, Dr Mehboob Beg, all members of Parliament, T K Viswanathan, Secretary-General, Lok Sabha and Shumsher K Sheriff, Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
An official statement released here said that the 127th Assembly will hold a special debate on the political, economic and social situation in the world with reference to the overall theme of Citizenship, Identity and Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in a Globalised World.
The Lok Sabha Speaker will deliver the Keynote Address on Best practices and innovative ideas for managing citizenship in a globalised and rapidly changing environment, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief