Meira Kumar to lead delegation at Inter-Parliamentary Union
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar would lead a delegation of MPs to the Assembly of Inter- Parliamentary Union that will be held in Canada`s Quebec City from October 21 to 26.
Among the members of the delegation are Mani Shankar Aiyar, M Jagannath, Ravi Shankar Prasad, PS Bajwa, Jose K Mani, Dr Mehboob Beg, all members of Parliament, T K Viswanathan, Secretary-General, Lok Sabha and Shumsher K Sheriff, Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
An official statement released here said that the 127th Assembly will hold a special debate on the political, economic and social situation in the world with reference to the overall theme of Citizenship, Identity and Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in a Globalised World.
The Lok Sabha Speaker will deliver the Keynote Address on Best practices and innovative ideas for managing citizenship in a globalised and rapidly changing environment, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town