Meira Kumar to lead delegation at Inter-Parliamentary Union
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar would lead a delegation of MPs to the Assembly of Inter- Parliamentary Union that will be held in Canada`s Quebec City from October 21 to 26.
Among the members of the delegation are Mani Shankar Aiyar, M Jagannath, Ravi Shankar Prasad, PS Bajwa, Jose K Mani, Dr Mehboob Beg, all members of Parliament, T K Viswanathan, Secretary-General, Lok Sabha and Shumsher K Sheriff, Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
An official statement released here said that the 127th Assembly will hold a special debate on the political, economic and social situation in the world with reference to the overall theme of Citizenship, Identity and Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in a Globalised World.
The Lok Sabha Speaker will deliver the Keynote Address on Best practices and innovative ideas for managing citizenship in a globalised and rapidly changing environment, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened