Meira Kumar to lead delegation at Inter-Parliamentary Union
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar would lead a delegation of MPs to the Assembly of Inter- Parliamentary Union that will be held in Canada`s Quebec City from October 21 to 26.
Among the members of the delegation are Mani Shankar Aiyar, M Jagannath, Ravi Shankar Prasad, PS Bajwa, Jose K Mani, Dr Mehboob Beg, all members of Parliament, T K Viswanathan, Secretary-General, Lok Sabha and Shumsher K Sheriff, Secretary-General, Rajya Sabha.
An official statement released here said that the 127th Assembly will hold a special debate on the political, economic and social situation in the world with reference to the overall theme of Citizenship, Identity and Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in a Globalised World.
The Lok Sabha Speaker will deliver the Keynote Address on Best practices and innovative ideas for managing citizenship in a globalised and rapidly changing environment, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Over 55 students hospitalised after consuming food from college hostel in TN
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan