Mend ways or face Jan Lokpal-type protests: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave a
veiled warning to the government of possible Anna Hazare-like
protests in "worse" form and took pot shots over criticisms
that standards of judiciary had gone down in recent times.
The bench of justices GS Singhvi and HL Dattu
made the comments when they were irked over the failure of
government to furnish adequate details in a service dispute.
"But what about the Government. Their officers do not
give proper information and briefs to the counsel. Take
another 10 years, people will teach you a lesson. Three days
back you have witnessed it. It will be much worse," the bench
told Additional Solicitor General PP Malhotra.
The oblique reference was to the recent nation-wide
protests for Jan Lokpal Bill culminating in the unprecedented
action of Parliament agreeing to consider three crucial points
raised by Team Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says