Mend ways or face Jan Lokpal-type protests: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave a
veiled warning to the government of possible Anna Hazare-like
protests in "worse" form and took pot shots over criticisms
that standards of judiciary had gone down in recent times.
The bench of justices GS Singhvi and HL Dattu
made the comments when they were irked over the failure of
government to furnish adequate details in a service dispute.
"But what about the Government. Their officers do not
give proper information and briefs to the counsel. Take
another 10 years, people will teach you a lesson. Three days
back you have witnessed it. It will be much worse," the bench
told Additional Solicitor General PP Malhotra.
The oblique reference was to the recent nation-wide
protests for Jan Lokpal Bill culminating in the unprecedented
action of Parliament agreeing to consider three crucial points
raised by Team Anna Hazare.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living