Mend ways or face Jan Lokpal-type protests: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave a
veiled warning to the government of possible Anna Hazare-like
protests in "worse" form and took pot shots over criticisms
that standards of judiciary had gone down in recent times.
The bench of justices GS Singhvi and HL Dattu
made the comments when they were irked over the failure of
government to furnish adequate details in a service dispute.
"But what about the Government. Their officers do not
give proper information and briefs to the counsel. Take
another 10 years, people will teach you a lesson. Three days
back you have witnessed it. It will be much worse," the bench
told Additional Solicitor General PP Malhotra.
The oblique reference was to the recent nation-wide
protests for Jan Lokpal Bill culminating in the unprecedented
action of Parliament agreeing to consider three crucial points
raised by Team Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued