Mend ways or face Jan Lokpal-type protests: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave a
veiled warning to the government of possible Anna Hazare-like
protests in "worse" form and took pot shots over criticisms
that standards of judiciary had gone down in recent times.
The bench of justices GS Singhvi and HL Dattu
made the comments when they were irked over the failure of
government to furnish adequate details in a service dispute.
"But what about the Government. Their officers do not
give proper information and briefs to the counsel. Take
another 10 years, people will teach you a lesson. Three days
back you have witnessed it. It will be much worse," the bench
told Additional Solicitor General PP Malhotra.
The oblique reference was to the recent nation-wide
protests for Jan Lokpal Bill culminating in the unprecedented
action of Parliament agreeing to consider three crucial points
raised by Team Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics