Mercedes replaces Ambassador for President-elect Pranab
New Delhi: With his election to the Presidential post, Pranab Mukherjee will not only have a change in designation and address but also in his mode of transport - from his favourite bullet-proof Ambassador to the swanky Mercedes Benz limousine.
Mukherjee, who has always officially travelled in the Defence Ministry registered white Ambassador car, will now occupy the black S600L `Pullman` luxury saloon which is the official carrier of the head of the nation.
While the limousine is escorted by the elite Presidential Body Guards (PBG) during ceremonial events of the President, it zooms down from the Raisina hill with a bevy of VIP security vehicles when the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces travels otherwise.
The Mercedes car, best-in-the-class in terms of comfort and security, had come to the Rashtrapati Bhavan during the tenure of President Pratibha Patil and has a host of dynamic features which are essential for the secure travel of a top dignitary.
Mukherjee was on Sunday elected as the 13th President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL