Mercury rises in plains; cold persists in hills
New Delhi: A few parts of north India on Saturday reported below-normal temperatures even as the cold eased in intensity in the rest of the region.
Delhi reported normal temperatures with the maximum and minimum recorded at 26.8 and 11.7 degrees Celsius respectively on a clear, bright day.
Further north, although day temperatures registered a rise in mid and lower hills of Himachal Pradesh, cold conditions persisted in high altitude areas with Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recording a low of -10.1 degrees, five degrees below normal.
Minimum temperatures hovered below normal in some parts of Punjab and Haryana where a nip in the air was palpable with the mercury registering a slide.
Amritsar in Punjab recorded the lowest temperature in the two states at 7 degrees which was a notch below normal.
Karnal in Haryana also experienced a cold night at 7.8 degrees, down three notches, while the mercury in Hisar fell by a notch to touch 10 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter