Mercury rises in plains; cold persists in hills
New Delhi: A few parts of north India on Saturday reported below-normal temperatures even as the cold eased in intensity in the rest of the region.
Delhi reported normal temperatures with the maximum and minimum recorded at 26.8 and 11.7 degrees Celsius respectively on a clear, bright day.
Further north, although day temperatures registered a rise in mid and lower hills of Himachal Pradesh, cold conditions persisted in high altitude areas with Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district recording a low of -10.1 degrees, five degrees below normal.
Minimum temperatures hovered below normal in some parts of Punjab and Haryana where a nip in the air was palpable with the mercury registering a slide.
Amritsar in Punjab recorded the lowest temperature in the two states at 7 degrees which was a notch below normal.
Karnal in Haryana also experienced a cold night at 7.8 degrees, down three notches, while the mercury in Hisar fell by a notch to touch 10 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'