Metro service planned in Ludhiana, Chandigarh
Ludhiana: Metro rail service will be
introduced in Ludhiana, Chandigarh and some other cities in
the country in the next few years.
This was stated by Delhi Metro chief E Sreedharan
after receiving the Sat Paul Mittal Award for his outstanding
contribution to humanity at a function here today.
A report about setting up of the metro project in
Ludhiana, estimated to cost Rs 6,600 crore, was submitted
last year, he said.
About the Chandigarh metro, Sreedharan said a survey
was in progress and two corridors had been identified in this
He said other cities where metro service was being
planned include Mumbai, Banglore, Lucknow, Chennai, Kolkata
(second line), Hyderabad, Jaipur and Kochi.
The Metro man shared the Sat Paul Mittal award with
Chanchala Pathi Dasa, Vice-Chairman of the Akshaya Patra
The award consists of a citation, a medal and Rs four
lakh in cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital