Metro service planned in Ludhiana, Chandigarh
Ludhiana: Metro rail service will be
introduced in Ludhiana, Chandigarh and some other cities in
the country in the next few years.
This was stated by Delhi Metro chief E Sreedharan
after receiving the Sat Paul Mittal Award for his outstanding
contribution to humanity at a function here today.
A report about setting up of the metro project in
Ludhiana, estimated to cost Rs 6,600 crore, was submitted
last year, he said.
About the Chandigarh metro, Sreedharan said a survey
was in progress and two corridors had been identified in this
He said other cities where metro service was being
planned include Mumbai, Banglore, Lucknow, Chennai, Kolkata
(second line), Hyderabad, Jaipur and Kochi.
The Metro man shared the Sat Paul Mittal award with
Chanchala Pathi Dasa, Vice-Chairman of the Akshaya Patra
The award consists of a citation, a medal and Rs four
lakh in cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you