Metro service planned in Ludhiana, Chandigarh
Ludhiana: Metro rail service will be
introduced in Ludhiana, Chandigarh and some other cities in
the country in the next few years.
This was stated by Delhi Metro chief E Sreedharan
after receiving the Sat Paul Mittal Award for his outstanding
contribution to humanity at a function here today.
A report about setting up of the metro project in
Ludhiana, estimated to cost Rs 6,600 crore, was submitted
last year, he said.
About the Chandigarh metro, Sreedharan said a survey
was in progress and two corridors had been identified in this
He said other cities where metro service was being
planned include Mumbai, Banglore, Lucknow, Chennai, Kolkata
(second line), Hyderabad, Jaipur and Kochi.
The Metro man shared the Sat Paul Mittal award with
Chanchala Pathi Dasa, Vice-Chairman of the Akshaya Patra
The award consists of a citation, a medal and Rs four
lakh in cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city