Metros in India most preferred destinations of tourists: Report
Mumbai: Metro cities of India are the favourite destinations of international travellers visiting the country with New Delhi at the number one spot, followed by Mumbai and Bangalore, according to the latest Hotel Price Index report.
"Metro cities dominate the top 10 favourite Indian destinations list amongst international travellers. The capital city of New Delhi bags the number one spot as the most popular Indian destination for overseas travellers, followed by Mumbai in second place and Bangalore comes in third on the list," the Hotel Price Index (HPI) report said.
Other popular metros include Chennai at fourth position, Hyderabad (eighth) and Kolkata (ninth).
Goa, the popular beach and party destination of the country, is fifth most favourite destination for foreigners, while Jaipur, popularly known as the `Pink City`, is at the sixth spot.
Cochin, a city in Kerala, takes the 10th position on the list.
According to the report, South East Asian destinations are popular with Indian travellers going abroad.
The great value rates available in Bangkok make it the most preferred international destination amongst Indians, followed by Singapore, it said.
Other popular South East Asian destinations in the top 10 list included Pattaya, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Phuket on the sixth, seventh, ninth and 10th positions, respectively.
The other international destinations in the top 10 list include Dubai on the third spot, New York on the fourth, London on the fifth and Las Vegas on the eighth, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India