MGNREGA: 61 cases of under-payment of wages
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said a large
number of complaints relating to implementation of its
flagship MGNREGA scheme, including 61 cases related to
underpayment of wages, have been received from all over the
Minister of State in the Rural Development Ministry
Pradeep Jain `Aditya` told Lok Sabha that 24 of the 61
complaints pertaining to under-payment of wages emanated from
Uttar Pradesh alone.
The data showed that 14 such complaints were received
from Rajasthan while other states Chhattisgarh (6), Madhya
Pradesh (5), Karnataka (5) Jammu and Kashmir (3) also reported
complaints of under-payment.
One complaint of under payment under MGNREGA scheme came
from each of the states of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West
Bengal, the Rural Development Ministry said.
All complaints received by the Ministry are forwarded to
the concerned state governments for taking appropriate action,
Replying to another question, he said provisions have
been recently made to enter the Aadhaar number of each MGNREGA
worker in the Management Information System (MIS) of the
During 2011-12 (upto October 2011), 3.36 crore households
have demanded employment under MGNREGA, he said.
Responding to another question, Aditya said government
had approved a Provision of Urban Amenities in Rural Areas
The scheme proposed providing livelihood and urban
amenities in compact areas around a potential growth centre in
Gram Panchayats through Public Private Partnership (PPP)
framework, he said.
Six companies have submitted their detailed project
reports under the scheme and the process of evaluation of
these reports were on, Aditya said.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style