MGNREGA-type programmes harming economy: Swamy
Dhanbad (Jharkhand): Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday called for scrapping MGNREGA-type programmes for better fiscal management.
"Besides corruption, programmes like MGNREGA have been affecting the country`s economic growth. Such programmes should be scrapped immediately," Swamy told reporters here.
The government should also initiate efforts in bringing back "black money" stashed in foreign banks to put the economy back on the growth track, he said.
Swamy came here to take part in a meeting to mark the completion of 37th years since late Jayaprakash Narayan launched "total revolution" on this day in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi